This section explores a more advanced call-flow. It's the next step from what you built in the previous one.
✸ Good to know: If you log into your babelforce manager app for the first time, this is the flow you will see there. It's the default inbound flow we deliver with each new integration and here you'll learn how it works.
The call-flow path
Here's what we want to build:
- Any incoming call is checking the holiday calendar - if an exceptional date applies, the call ends with a 'Sorry Prompt'
- Any incoming call is checking opening times - if opening hours don't apply, the call ends with a 'Sorry Prompt'
- Any incoming call is checking agent availability - if no agent is available, customers are told nobody is available and the call ends with a 'Sorry Prompt'
- Otherwise, the call goes to the Automatic Call Distribution module
- If the call isn't picked up after a certain time (maximum waiting time that you set up), the call will be forwarded to the 'Sorry no one available' prompt.
And here is the graphical description of the flow:
In the upcoming sub-sections, we will go through every part of the call-flow step-by-step so you understand how it works. In the end, you should feel comfortable designing your own call flow.
And these are the upcoming sub-sections
As you can see, before we are putting the flow together, we need to make sure that each of its elements is prepared.
We recommend you not only read this article but make it less theoretical by opening the manager app and either opening up the existing call flow or you could also build your own copy!