babelforce offers System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) endpoints that can be used with any user management system that supports this protocol. However since all those systems have slightly different assumptions about details in the SCIM protocol we can only guarantee out of the box functionality for system we have tested.
Supported Systems we tested with:
Disclaimer: This integration with Okta is currently under development and is not available to customers yet.
Contact email@example.com to learn more.
- Create Users: Users in Okta that are assigned to the babelforce.com SCIM application are automatically added to your babelforce account.
- Update User Attributes: When user attributes are updated in Okta, they will be updated in babelforce.
- Deactivate Users: When users are deactivated in Okta, they will be removed from your babelforce account. This prevents users from logging in into your babelforce account.
- Import users: Import/synchronize users from your babelforce account into your Okta account.
The babelforce SCIM integration is currently only available for enterprise customers. If you want to upgrade to a enterprise plan please reach out to your Account Executive.
On babelforce side there is currently nothing to configure for SCIM. With Okta is should work out of the box when using the babelforce.com SCIM application from the okta integration network and following the Step-by-step configuration instructions.
2.3. Step-by-step configuration instructions
Note: After the SCIM-enabled version of babelforce.com is assigned to our dev account this section will be updated.
2.4. Troubleshooting, Known Issues and Tips
- To use the SCIM integration with Okta, you need to select Email for the application username format on the Sign On application tab in Okta.
- Groups cannot be pushed to babelforce.
- babelforce is handling all email addresses as lower case
- if you transmit emails in any other case babelforce will always return them in lower case only.
- babelforce does not require a first and lastname, users created in babelforce will return those SCIM name properties as "none". Users created on the okta side will return the first and lastname set in okta. First and lastname will not be visible anywhere in babelforce except for agents (can currently not be synced with SCIM).
- role agent in the roles field can currently not be assigned, selecting this role will have no effect on babelforce.com (will be improved)
- if a user on babelforce.com has no roles, it will be deleted unless it is assigned to multiple tenants (cross tenant user).
- to prevent that you can select a default fallback role in babelforce, which will be applied if no roles are submitted.