This guide assumes that you are already a little familiar with babelforce
Your babelforce manager app, you can add more than one Zendesk integration and you can also control call flow and actions on Zendesk tickets. So this makes it possible to create a test sandbox flow, to allow you to test out any flows before you start using them in your live flows. We always recommend to test all call flow and automated processes in a sandbox before going live.
Here's how to do it:
1. In Zendesk, generate your Sandbox Zendesk
2. Setup your Sandbox agents with email addresses and phone numbers or agent ID number (SIP ID) (babelforce 999xxxxxxxx IDs) that are NOT used by any agent you already have sync'd in babelforce.
IMPORTANT: agents in babelforce must have unique emails and unique phone numbers.
3. Install babelConnect in your Zendesk Sandbox environment.
Troubleshooting: if after install, you get errors or warnings in babelConnect (e.g. like "service not available" or "cannot get ID of a resource", then that is either because the integration settings, i.e. URL, Access ID or Access Token are wrong OR because the agent you are logged in as in your Zendesk Sandbox is not sync'd and setup in babelforce.
IMPORTANT: babelConnect will only work for an agent who is properly sync'd from the particular Zendesk instance that they are working on.
4. Connect the Sandbox to your babelforce Manager App (if you forgot how to do that, no problem, here is the article)
5. Adjust your Automations - If you have a call flow that is not used by your team, yet, it's super easy: just select the Sandbox integration like this:
However, if you want to change something in your existing call flow, you should copy your Automations and link them to the new Sandbox integration. This way you make sure that your running processes are not affected. If you are done testing and everything does exactly what you expect feel free to change the integration to your running system and to remove the old Automations.
That's the basis. Once you have that you can create call flows, queues, more Automations, etc. behind your test number.
Have fun in your Sandbox!