Firstly, note that there are two ways for an agent to be added:
- You can add an "internal" agent, by just going to the Agents view in babelforce and use the "Add agent" button under Routing & Queuing > Agents.
- You can import / sync agents from another source system, e.g. from a helpdesk solution or from a CRM (this article explains it with the example of a Freshdesk integration, however, it is the same progress regardless of the helpdesk you use)
- Once agents are added via 2. they will be enabled automatically, no activation link will be sent, managers just need to provide their new agent with their credentials.
- Agents can just reset the password themselves by using this link https://apps.babelforce.com/manager/user/login
- Or managers can send the password reset link to their agents https://apps.babelforce.com/manager/manager/global-settings/user-management
Note that in either case, you can work with integrated systems, the choice just depends on how the integrations work and what is supported by the integrated system. If an agent is added via 1. then no ticket will be opened if they take a call because they are not connected with the integrated system.
Whatever method is used, the user/agent has to get access to the babelConnect app first to be able to take phone calls.
In this article, we will illustrate using the first method for adding an agent directly in babelforce. Such agents are given the label "internal".
Step 1: Manager adds agent in babelforce
Only two values are required: a name and an email that the agent can use
Step 2: The agent confirms the email using the line in invite
Note that Step 2 doesn't apply if an agent was imported / synched.
Step 3: The agent requests a password change to set their own one for babelConnect
Note that If Step 2 was applied, agents will automatically receive an email. Otherwise they will have to do it manually by clicking in this link https://apps.babelforce.com/babelconnect2/#/app entering the email address of the agent/user that was invited and then clicking on "Reset my password" to set their own for babelConnect.
You will receive an email something like this: