Often, SIP-enabled phone devices offer a feature called 'call waiting', which allows multiple calls to be shown, accepted and controls by the user. For example, if another call comes in whilst you are already on the phone, call waiting will present the incoming call along with some options.
This feature is particularly useful if your users' workflows are complex, such as using babelforce to perform automatic outbound dialling campaigns blended with inbound calls.
To follow this guide you will need the following:
- A Snom SIP phone
- The phone's IP address
- The administrator password for the SNOM phone to log into the phone's browser interface
Here is a summary guide to configuring this setting on Snom phones, a popular brand of SIP-enabled devices.
- Find the IP address of your snom phone. This can often be found in the System Info area of the phone's display.
- Visit this IP address in an internet browser within the same network as that which the phone uses.
- Log into the browser interface using the phone's credentials. If you do not know these, ask your network or systems administrator.
- Navigate to the phone's identity profile and behaviour settings (e.g. Identity 2 > Behavior)
- Ensure the 'Call waiting' option is 'on'