The following diagram, shows the kind of overall contact center solution that is required to deliver a high-quality multichannel service strategy.
On the right-hand-side are the agents.
On the left are the inbound calls from end-users (your customers).
The high-level call processing requirements are as follows:
- Calls to numbers around the world are routed so that the right welcome messages in the right languages are played
- An integration to a customer database (in a CRM databases of some sort ...) allows lookup of the caller's number and search for an end-user.
- Calls can be processed in IVR to gather information on the type of query, get input of some form of reference number or more advanced automation.
- Scheduling logic can be created to handle schedules (business hours, shift structure, holiday calendars).
- Calls can be dynamically routed to the right agents or teams based on skills, attributes, schedules, data, priorities or other rules.
- Process logic can be created to offer call-backs, voicemail, etc. if out-of-hours, holidays or if the right skill sets are not available. Other decision criteria can be configured also.
- Entire workflow processes can be created so that data from the calls automatically update cases, tickets, leads, tags, end-users/contacts, etc. in your CRM or Helpdesk.
- Call recording can be configured to ensure compliance both with data protection and PCI requirements. It is in particular necessary to have dynamic control of recordings directly in interfaces used by agents (CRM, Helpdesk ...) in order to comply with different regulations in a variety of territories.
- Call recording must also be configurable to allow for your internal business processes and industry specific requirements, e.g. recording of calls and/or contract closures for financial services or in some e-commerce processes.
- And all data from calls must be available to include in your real-time dashboards as well as available to include in business intelligence reporting.
The diagram above illustrates each area showing the element of the babelforce platform that enables the underlying functionality to achieve all of these aims.